April 22, 2011

SkyWatch Friday - Just Hang'in Out in Australia

On my 2nd home exchange to Australia in May 2009 I joined up with the Bushwalkers Club and took a hike through the Australian Rainforest.  Above our heads I could hear this crazy screeching and asked "What kind of bird is that?"


"Look up, Debbie.  Way up in the tops of the trees, towards the sky", someone said to me.  Holy smoly.....bats!!!  This picture doesn't do these guys justice.  They were HUGE!!!

How many bats do you see?

Keep looking towards the sky, you never know what you might see.  And if you like looking up, make sure and stop by "SkyWatch Friday" and see what else is "Up".


12 comments:

  1. I wish I was "hanging out" somewhere in Australia. I loved it there and wish I could go back. I envy you getting to travel so much. Nice shot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh My Goodness.... We have bats here --and every once in awhile, one will 'nap' on the top of our front porch. I have a picture somewhere.

    Where in Australia were you? I have some great blog friends in Brisbane.

    Hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your picture certainly gives new meaning to the term 'hanging out'. I think I see two bats in the picture. Thanks for sharing this, and have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. There are two anyway. A food staple for many around the world.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi!

    You're invited to an Online E-Party with MaryKay!
    Visit my blog for more directions.

    http://frommysomewhatseriousmind.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. You just captured the scenes well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. My dear friend , for you and your family's wishes for a happy and peaceful Easter,ad maiora Elettra!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love travelling and I love photography and your blog is very interesting so I will keep on coming here and follow you! Regards,

    ReplyDelete
  9. ♥Nice post.) Love your blog.))♥

    ReplyDelete
  10. I agree to this... "Keep looking towards the sky, you never know what you might see."

    World of Vhincci

    ...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Debbie - When I was in Queensland many years ago, I saw HUGE bats. They're called "flying foxes" and they are happy to hang on lower branches of trees, too.
    Luv, K

    Kay, Alberta, Canada
    An Unfittie's Guide to Adventurous Travel

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog. I love reading your comments!

Have a Fabulous Day!
Debbie

Related Posts with Thumbnails